Table Of Content
About Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program
One of the world’s most coveted second citizenships; St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment program is a mainstay option for investors wishing to broaden their mobility freedom.
A simple and straightforward program; St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment program offers passports and certificates of citizenship for those willing to invest in either governmental contribution, investing in government bonds, or by purchasing real estate in the naturally beautiful island.
Reach Immigration is authorized by the government of St. Lucia to promote the program and provide consultation on the best investment option as well as the requirements of the program.
Benefits Of Obtaining Saint Lucia Citizenship And Passport By Investment
The St. Lucia citizenship by investment program offers numerous benefits to investors and their respective families, some of which are:
- Obtaining citizenship and passport for the main applicant and qualifying family members
- The St. Lucia passport enjoys visa-free entry to over 140 destinations worldwide.
- Physical residence in St. Lucia is not required
- Receipt of citizenship & passport within three to six months of application
- No requirement of experience, language, or education needed for applicants or their family members in order to apply for the citizenship of St. Lucia
- The program offers options for investors to diversify their assets in the form of real estate investments in one of the world’s most tourist-heavy countries
Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements of the program are quite simple,which include :
Main Applicant Requirements
- Main applicant and spouse must be over 18 years of age.
- Must be in good health
- Must possess a clean criminal record
- Must not have rejected visa entry to any of the countries of which St. Lucia enjoys a visa free entry treaty with.
Eligible Family Members that can be included in an application:
- A spouse of the main applicant;
- a child of the main applicant or of spouse who is 21 years of age or below; (no need to prove dependency)
- a child of the applicant or of spouse who is no more than 31 years of age and who is fully supported by the applicant; (requires proof of dependency)
- Child of the applicant or his or her spouse, of any age, who is physically or mentally challenged and fully supported by the applicant;
- A parent of the applicant or of his or her spouse who is above 55 years of age and who is fully supported by the applicant;
- A parent of any age who is physically or mentally challenged and fully supported by the applicant
- an unmarried sibling of the main applicant who is below the age of 18 and who has consent from parent to make an application for citizenship
Cost of Obtaining a Saint Lucia passport
There are three investment streams under the St. Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program:
- Economic Diversification fund: starting at $100,000 U.S dollars an applicant through a financial contribution can acquire citizenship and passport of St. Lucia. This amount increases by adding more family members to the application.
- Real estate investment: another investment option in a government-approved real estate project valued at $200,000 U.S Dollars with additional governmental fees depending on family members included in the application.
- Investing in government bonds: There are two options for investing in bonds:
- National Action Bond: The minimum required investment starts from $300,000.
- Government bonds: the minimum investment required starts from $500,000.
Other fees apply for background checks on applying applicants and other administrative fees.
Process and steps to obtain Saint Lucia Citizenship and passport
- Step one: Preparation of required documentation and compiling the file
- Step two: Submission of the file to the government of St. Lucia
- Step three: Receipt of approval from the government of St. Lucia
- Step Four: Transferring investment amount to St. Lucia (either contribution, government bonds, or real estate investment)
- Step five: Receipt of St. Lucia citizenship certificates and passports
Reach Immigration’s status as a Promoter of the St. Lucia citizenship by investment program; we take pride in our ability to offer a plethora of services to our clients, the main of them being:
- Consult on the most suitable investment option depending on investor’s needs and family composition
- Preparation and submission of file, and representing the client within the government’s citizenship by investment unit
- Examining any sales & purchase agreement if the client opts for real estate investment
- Follow up on application status and any further requirements
- Provide consultation for adding family members after the main applicant’s receipt of citizenship
Do I have to reside in St. Lucia in order to obtain citizenship by investment?
No. There is no requirement for physical residence to obtain citizenship under the program’s regulations
Which family members can I add to my application?
St. Lucia aims in uniting as many members as possible in one application, this includes the spouse of the main applicant,all dependent children till the age of 30 years, as well as dependent siblings below 18 years, parents and grandparents 55 year of age and above.
How many countries can I enter with the St. Lucia passport?
the passport is so powerful that It gives its holder access to more than 140 destinations worldwide.
Can I add dependents after acquiring citizenship?
Yes, you can add dependents who existed at the time of your application but were not added at that time in the condition that they fulfill dependency requirements, as well as new dependents that are born after acquiring the citizenship.
Where is Saint Lucia located?
Saint Lucia is located in the Caribbean, south of Dominica and north of Barbados, 385 km from Venezuela to the north, and the country covers an area of only 617 km². The country is characterized by its tropical climate, with temperatures ranging between 21 and 35 degrees Celsius, and the average rainfall in Saint Lucia is about 254 milliliters annually. The terrain of Saint Lucia is known as mountainous with few plains, as its highest peak is at “Jimmy” mountain with 959 m above sea level. The island is characterized by a variety of geographical characteristics, where there are a large number of rivers, hot springs and mountain hills spread over the country.
What is the strength of a Saint Lucia passport?
Saint Lucia passport is currently ranked 32th according to the Reach Immigration Passport Index, providing access to 147 destinations around the world and is considered one of the most desirable passports as it gives its holder the highest degrees of mobility between various destinations.
What countries does the passport of Saint Lucia allow you to enter without a visa?
Saint Lucia's passport allows entry to 114 countries without a visa according to Reach Immigration Passport Index, and the countries were distributed as follows: Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, France, Finland, French Guinea, French Polynesia, French Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kiribati, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mayotte, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Reunion, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Vatican. Americas: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire Saint Eustatius and Saba Country, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Island, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Nicaragua, Niue, Panama, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Martin, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Vanuatu, Venezuela . Asia: Bangladesh, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Micronesia, Palestine, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Tonga, Uzbekistan. Africa: Botswana, Eswatini, Gambia, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Senegal, Tanzania, Tunisia, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
What countries does the passport of Saint Lucia allow you to enter with a visa on arrival?
Saint Lucia passport allows entry to 32 countries with a visa on arrival according to the Reach Immigration Passport Index, and the countries were distributed as follows: Europe: Armenia, Bolivia, Palau. Americas: Samoa, Saint Helena Island. Asia: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Iran, Jordan, Laos, Macau, Maldives, Nepal, Solomon Islands, East Timor, Tuvalu. Africa: Cape Verde, Comoros, Egypt, Guinea-Bissau, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Togo, Uganda.
Does Saint Lucia passport allow entry to China?
No, China is not among the countries where Saint Lucia's passport allows visa-free entry.
Does Saint Lucia passport allow entry to Canada?
No, Canada is not among the countries where Saint Lucia's passport allows entry without a visa.
Are there any tax obligations after I acquire Saint Lucia citizenship?
One of the advantages of Saint Lucia citizenship is that there are no property taxes, any capital gains or even inheritance when you become a Saint Lucia citizen.
Does your company services provide Saint Lucia passport renewal upon expiry date?
Yes, you can renew your Saint Lucia passport when it expires through the services provided to you by Reach Immigration.
How much does it cost to get St. Lucia citizenship?
Investment amounts vary from one investment path to another in addition to the number of family members that will be added in the application. In general, the investment amount starts from $100,000, in addition to government fees, processing fees, and others.
What is the validity period of Saint Lucia's passport?
Saint Lucia passport is generally valid for up to 5 years date of issuance.
Which family members can be added to the application for Saint Lucia citizenship?
Family members who may be included are the spouse of the main applicant, all dependent children under the age of 31, dependent siblings under the age of 18, and parents and grandparents over the age of 55.
Is there an investment option that is better than another that gives me an advantage in getting my application approved?
The Saint Lucia Citizenship by Investment Program offers several options: - Real estate investment with a value starts from $200,000 USD. - A non-refundable financial contribution to the National Fund, starting from $100,000 or more.All options are approved for granting citizenship, the important thing is to meet the investment requirements and qualifications that entitle you to obtain citizenship.
Can Saint Lucia citizenship be passed on to future generations?
Yes, Saint Lucia allows its citizenship to be passed on to future generations after you have been granted citizenship.
Can I apply for Saint Lucia citizenship by myself?
No, you must submit your application through an authorized agent, as applications for citizenship must be dealt with by certain specialists who have experience and are recognized by the government of the country.
Can I add dependents after obtaining Saint Lucia citizenship?
Yes, you can add dependents who were present at the time of your application, as well as new dependents after obtaining citizenship.
In case of divorce or separation of parents, is the consent of one of the parents required when adding children to the application for citizenship of Saint Lucia?
Yes, the consent of the parents must be obtained for the children to enter the application, unless one of the parents has full custody of the children and therefore no approval from the other party is required.
Can the applicant add all his wives in one application if he is married to more than one?
The main applicant can only add one wife to the application, regardless of whether that wife is the first wife or not.
Is it permissible for the applicant to add all his children if he is married to more than one wife?
Yes, all children of the main applicant from all wives can be added as dependents in the application.
Can a married person who has obtained a divorce after obtaining the citizenship of Saint Lucia be granted citizenship if he decides to remarry?
Yes it is possible, once the applicant remarries he/she can grant Saint Lucia citizenship to his/her spouse.
Can I renew my passport after I sell the investment property I purchased as an investment option for St Lucia citizenship?
The passport can be renewed like any other citizen as the investment has nothing to do with the renewal of the passport.
Can people who do not have any nationality (e.g. Bidoon) apply for Saint Lucia citizenship?
Yes, but it must be ensured that the applicant can obtain documents from the relevant authorities.
Are there countries whose nationals are prohibited from applying for St. Lucia citizenship, and what are the conditions for them to be accepted?
Yes, it is prohibited to apply for Saint Lucia citizenship if you hold the nationalities of Iran and North Korea, or if you hold a visa denied by any of the countries in which Saint Lucia has a visa-free treaty. However, your application can be accepted if the following conditions are met: -You must have lived or resided outside the prohibited country for 10 years. -You do not have assets (shares) of significant value in the prohibited country. - You have not carried out any work or activity in the mentioned jurisdictions.
Is there a specific age limit for newborns to be added to the application?
No, children born or adopted after obtaining citizenship can be registered at all times.
How long does it take to obtain Saint Lucia citizenship?
The process usually takes between three to six months from the date of application.
Do I have the right to keep my original nationality if I acquire Saint Lucia citizenship?
Yes, Saint Lucia does allow you to have more than one nationality, and we recommend checking the laws of your country of origin.
Do I need to conduct a security check for my children when submitting the application?
Security checks are required for applicants aged 16 and over.
Can I add my married brother to the application for the citizenship of Saint Lucia and I am the breadwinner for him?
No, to add siblings to the application for citizenship of Saint Lucia, they must be under the age of 18, unmarried, without children, and dependent on the main applicant.
Do I get health and education insurance in European countries after obtaining the citizenship of Saint Lucia?
No, Saint Lucia passport gives you free entry only to some countries of Europe without a visa.