Table Of Content
About Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program
Grenada’s citizenship by investment program is one of the most suitable programs for global businessmen.
The second citizenship not only provides investors and their families with a strong commonwealth citizenship and passport, but also offers savvy investors visa-free entry into global markets such as the UK, Schengen Zone, China, and Russia among others. Besides the ability to apply for the United States E2 visa valid for 5 years after obtaining citizenship of Grenada.
Reach Immigration is authorized by the government of Grenada to promote the program and provide consultation on the best investment option as well as the requirements of the program.
Benefits Of Obtaining Grenada Citizenship And Passport By Investment
The Grenada citizenship by investment program offers various benefits for the investor and their families, the main of which being:
- Obtaining citizenship and passport for the main applicant and qualifying family members
- The Grenada passport offers visa-free entry to over 140 destinations worldwide including Russia and China.
- No physical residence in Grenada is required
- Receipt of citizenship & passport within three to six months of application
- No requirement of language, education, or experience needed for applicants or their family members to apply for the citizenship of Grenada
- The program offers options for investors to diversify their assets in the form of real estate investments in one of the world’s most tourist-heavy countries
- Fast track route to USA through the E2 visa program that is valid for 5 years.
Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements of the Grenada citizenship by investment program are quite simple, the main requirements of the main applicant and the dependents are as follows:
Main Applicant Requirements
- Must over 18 years of age
- Must be in good health
- Must have acquired the investment amount in a legal manner
- Must possess a clean criminal record
- Has not been denied entry to any of the countries of which Grenada has a free entry treaty with
Eligible Family Members that can be included in an application:
- A spouse of the main applicant
- A child of the main applicant and/or spouse of the main applicant who is less than 18 years
- A child of the main applicant and/or spouse of the main applicant who is at least 18 years and less than 30 years
- A child of the main applicant and/or spouse of the main applicant who is at least 18 who is physically or mentally challenged
- Unmarried Siblings at least 18 years of the main applicant and/or spouse with no children and dependents on the main applicant
- Parents and/or grandparents of the main applicant and/or spouse of the main applicant above the age of 55 that are financially dependent on the main applicant.
Cost of obtaining Grenada Passport
There are two investment streams under the Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program:
- National Transformation fund: starting at $150,000 U.S dollars through a financial contribution to acquire citizenship and passport of Grenda. This amount increases by adding more family members to the application.
- Real estate investment: another investment option in a government-approved real estate project valued at 220,000 U.S Dollars as co-owner in a property in the tourism sector, or $350,000 U.S Dollars for a single owner in property not in the tourism sector with additional governmental fees depending on family members included in the application.
Other fees apply for background checks on applying applicants and other administrative fees.
Process And Steps To Obtain Grenada Citizenship And Passport
- Step one: Preparation of required documentation and compiling the file
- Step two: Submission of the file to the government of Grenada
- Step three: Receipt of approval from the government of Grenada
- Step Four: Transferring investment amount to Grenada (either contribution or real estate investment)
- Step five: Receipt of Grenada citizenship certificates and passports
Reach Immigration’s status as a licensed authorized marketing agent of the Grenada citizenship by investment program; we are in pole position to offer a large variety of services to our clients, the main of them being:
- Consult on the most suitable investment option depending on the investor’s needs and family composition
- Preparation and submission of the file, and representing the client within the government’s citizenship by investment unit
- Examining any sales & purchase agreement if the client opts for real estate investment
- Follow up on application status and any further requirements
- Provide consultation for adding family members after the main applicant’s receipt of citizenship
- Adding newborn children within one year from granting of citizenship
- Advice on E2 visa requirements and application
Do I have to reside in Grenada to obtain citizenship by investment?
No. There is no requirement for physical residence to obtain citizenship under the program’s regulations
Which family members can I add to my application?
Grenada aims in uniting as many members as possible in one application, this includes the spouse of the main applicant,all dependent children till the age of 30 years, as well as dependent siblings above the age of 18, parents and grandparents 55 years of age and above.
How many countries can I enter with the Grenada passport?
the passport is so powerful that It gives its holder access to more than 140 destinations worldwide. This includes European countries, Schengen countries, United Kingdom, Russia, China and many others.
Can I add dependents after acquiring citizenship?
Yes, dependents that are born after acquiring citizenship can be added within one year of their date of birth.
Where is Grenada located?
Grenada is located at the Caribbean sea, north of Trinidad and Tobago Island, and consists of one main island called Grenada in addition to six other smaller islands located south of the Grenadines in the southeastern part of the Caribbean Sea. Geography of Grenada varies at different areas with an altitude that reaches more than 600m above sea level, in addition to a number of lakes and rivers that crosses the mountainous, Grenada is also known for its clear beaches that made it an attraction for large numbers of tourists and visitors. Grenada's climate is tropical, with hot and humid summers and mild and dry winters, in general, with an average temperature of 26 degrees Celsius, and rainfall ranging between 750 mm and 1400 mm annually.
What is the strength of a Grenada passport?
The Grenada passport is currently ranked 36th according to the Rich Immigration Passport Index, providing access to 142 destinations around the world and is considered one of the most desirable passports as it gives its holder the highest degrees of mobility between various destinations.
What countries does the passport of Grenada allow you to enter without a visa?
Grenada passport allows entry to 115 countries without a visa according to the Rich Immigration Passport Index, and the countries were distributed as follows: Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, France, Finland, French Guinea, French Polynesia, French Indies, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kiribati, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mayotte, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican. Americas: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Bonaire Saint Eustatius and Saba Country, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Island, Chile, Colombia, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Curaçao, Dominica, Republic of Dominican, Ecuador, Guyana, Haiti, Montserrat, New Caledonia, Niue, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Saint Martin, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uruguay, Vanuatu, Venezuela. Asia: Bangladesh, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Macau, Malaysia, Micronesia, Palestine, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, Uzbekistan. Africa: Botswana, Eswatini, Gambia, Jamaica, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Senegal, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
What countries does the passport of Grenada allow you to enter with a visa on arrival?
Grenada passport allows entry to 27 countries with a visa on arrival according to the Rich Immigration Passport Index, and the countries were distributed as follows: Europe: Armenia, Bolivia, Palau. Americas: Nicaragua, Samoa, Saint Helena Island. Asia: Cambodia, Iran, Jordan, Laos, Maldives, Nepal, Solomon Islands, East Timor, Tuvalu. Africa: Cape Verde, Comoros, Egypt, Guinea-Bissau, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Togo.
Does Grenada passport allow you to enter China?
Yes, a Grenada passport allows entry to China without a visa.
Does Grenada passport allow you to enter Canada?
No, Canada is not one of the countries that Grenada passport allows you to enter without a visa or visa on arrival.
Are there any tax obligations after I get the citizenship of Grenada ?
One of the advantages of Grenada citizenship is that there are no property taxes, or on your capital gains or even inheritances when you become a Grenada citizen.
Does your company service Grenada passport renewal upon expiry date?
Yes, you can renew your Grenada passport when it expires using the services provided to you by Reach Immigration.
How much does it cost to obtain Grenada citizenship?
Investment amounts vary from one investment path to another in addition to the number of family members that will be added to the application. In general, the investment amount starts from 150,000 US dollars, in addition to government fees, security audit fees, and others.
For how long is a Grenada passport valid?
A Grenada passport is generally valid for up to 5 years from the date of issuance.
Which family members can be added to the application for Grenada citizenship?
Family members who may be included are the spouse of the main applicant, all dependent children under the age of 30, dependent siblings aged 18 and over, and parents and grandparents aged 55 and over.
Is there an investment option that is better than another that gives me an advantage in getting my application approved?
The Grenada Citizenship by Investment Program offers two options: Real estate investment with a value starting from 220,000 USD. A non-refundable financial contribution to the National Transformation Fund, starting from $150,000 for the main applicant. Both options are approved for granting citizenship, and the important thing is to meet the investment requirements and qualifications that entitle you to obtain citizenship.
Can Grenada citizenship be passed down to future generations?
Grenada allows the granting of citizenship to newborns within the first 12 months of their birth. It also allows granting citizenship through marriage, but it is not possible to add other dependents after the main applicant has obtained citizenship.
Can I apply for Grenada citizenship by myself?
No, you must submit your application through an authorized agent, as applications for citizenship must be dealt with by certain specialists who have experience and are recognized by the government of the country.
Can I add dependents after obtaining Grenada citizenship?
Grenada only allows the addition of the applicant's spouse and newborn children within the first 12 months of their birth, and other dependents cannot be added after the main applicant has obtained citizenship.
In the event of divorce or separation of parents, is the consent of one of the parents required when adding children to the application for Grenada citizenship?
Yes, the consent of the parents must be obtained for the children under 18 to be included in the application, unless one of the parents has full custody of the children and therefore no approval is required from the other party.
Can the applicant add all his wives in one application if he is married to more than one?
The main applicant can add only one wife to the application, and the first wife in the case of polygamy.
Is it permissible for the applicant to add all his children if he is married to more than one wife?
Yes, all children of the main applicant from all wives can be added as dependents in the application.
Can a married person who has obtained a divorce after obtaining Grenada citizenship be granted citizenship if he decides to remarry?
Yes it is possible, once the applicant remarries he/she can grant Grenada citizenship to his/her spouse.
Can I renew my passport after I sell the investment property I purchased as an investment option for Grenada citizenship?
The passport obtained through real estate investment can be renewed like any other citizen, but the applicant is required to retain ownership of the property for 5 years in the case of a partnership, or 3 years if he is a single owner and you can later renew the passport.
Can people without any nationality (e.g. Bidoon) apply for Grenada citizenship?
Yes, but it must be ensured that the applicant can obtain documents from the relevant authorities.
Are there countries whose nationals are prohibited from applying for Grenada citizenship, and what are the conditions for them to be accepted?
Yes, it is prohibited to apply for citizenship of Grenada if you hold the nationalities of both Iran and North Korea.
Is there a specific age limit for newborns to be added to the application?
Grenada only allows the addition of new born children within the first 12 months of their birth.
How long does it take to obtain Grenada citizenship?
The process usually takes between three to six months from the date of application.
Do I have the right to keep my original nationality if I get the nationality of Grenada?
Yes, Grenada allows for multiple citizenships, and we recommend checking the laws of your country of origin.
Do I need to conduct a security check for my children when submitting the application?
Security checks are required for applicants aged 16 and over.
Can I add my married brother to the application to obtain Grenada citizenship and I am the breadwinner for him?
No, siblings must be 18 years of age or older, unmarried, childless, and dependents of the main applicant in order to apply for Grenada citizenship.
Do I get health and education insurance in European countries after obtaining Grenada citizenship?
No, Grenada passport gives you free entry only to some countries of Europe without a visa for a certain period of time.