Table Of Content
About the Egyptian citizenship by investment program
On March 14, 2020, the Egyptian government published House of Representatives Law No. 190, established in 2019, regarding obtaining Egyptian citizenship through investment. This program allows wealthy individuals to acquire citizenship by investing amounts starting from 250,000 USD within a period ranging from 6 to 9 months.
Benefits of the Egyptian citizenship by investment program
The benefits of the Egyptian citizenship by investment program are summarized as follows:
- Dual Citizenship
People who obtain Egyptian citizenship can retain their original nationality if the other country allows it.
- Strength of the Egyptian Economy
Egypt boasts a strong economy due to its distinguished strategic position in global trade, the availability of human labor, and diversity in various sectors, such as agriculture, industry, services, and tourism.
- Possibility of Obtaining an E2 Treaty Visa
Egypt signed the “E2” treaty with the United States on June 27, 1992, which allows citizens of the signatory countries to travel and reside in the United States easily for a period of up to five years with the aim of investing a certain amount of money in an approved business in America.
- Possibility of Adding Dependents
The primary applicant can add dependents from his family, namely: one wife or more, in addition to children under the age of 21.
Requirements and qualifications for the Egyptian citizenship by investment program
The requirements for obtaining Egyptian citizenship by investment are very simple, and they are as follows:
Main Applicant Requirements
- Personal documents of spouse and dependants.
- No criminal record certificate.
- Comprehensive medical report.
- Documents proving sources of income and wealth.
Spouse And Dependents Qualifications
- A spouse or more than one spouse who is legally married to the applicant.
- Children under the age of 21 who are not married.
Costs required to obtain Egyptian citizenship through investment
The applicant must make one of the investments mentioned below:
- Non-refundable contribution: 250,000 USD to the state treasury.
- Real estate investment: 300,000 USD.
- Investment projects: 350,000 USD, and an amount of 100,000 USD goes to the state treasury and is non-refundable.
- Bank deposit: 500,000 USD dollars to be returned to the investor after 3 years in Egyptian pounds.
In order to apply, investors need to prepare the necessary documents and pay the state fee of 10,000 USD per application.
Steps and procedures
- Step one: To follow the security audit procedures.
- Step two: Obtaining the initial approval.
- Step three: Obtaining a 6-month residence permit.
- Step Four: Submit the citizenship application to the related authority for review.
- Step five: The Prime Minister grants approval to the applicant.
- Step Six: Obtaining Egyptian citizenship.
Reach Immigration provides a large variety of services to clients, and that includes:
- Compiling and submitting the file for the client.
- Follow up on the application status and any further requirements.
- Provide consultation for adding family members after the main applicant’s receipt of citizenship.
- Provide consultation on the laws and regulations of the program.
Citizens of all countries of different nationalities have the right to apply for Egyptian citizenship by Investment Program.
Yes, it can.
It is a program that allows foreign individuals to obtain Egyptian citizenship through investment in the Egyptian economy.
The duration of the Egyptian Citizenship by Investment program can take up to 6 months.
Obtaining Egyptian citizenship can provide several advantages, such as leveraging the strength of the Egyptian economy, ease of doing business without an Egyptian partner, the ability to add dependents, as well as the possibility of obtaining an "E2" treaty visa and other benefits.
Egyptian law allows Egyptian citizens to acquire foreign citizenship while retaining their Egyptian citizenship.