Table Of Content
About The Program
On 14 March 2020, the government of Egypt published Parliament Law No. 190 – which was established in the year 2019 – regarding getting Egyptian citizenship through investment. The program allows wealthy people to obtain a passport by investing $250,000 USD or more. It takes an average of 6 to 9 months to obtain citizenship through investment.
Benefits of the Egyptian Citizenship By Investment Program
- Dual Citizenship: Persons who become naturalized Egyptian citizens may keep their original nationality if the other country permits it.
- Egypt’s economy: The country benefits from political stability, its proximity to Europe, and increased exports, this resulted in a strong currency . Tourism is one of the leading sources of income, crucial to Egypt’s economy, being a main contributor to the country’s GDP and revenues.
- Egypt has an “E2” treaty : This agreement was signed with the United States on June 27, 1992, which allows citizens of countries that have signed the agreement to easily travel and reside in the United States for a period of up to five years with the aim of investing an amount of money in an approved American business.
- The Egyptian citizenship obtained through the investment program will be inherited by the applicant’s children. This means that the newborn babies will automatically become Egyptian citizens.
Requirements & Qualifications
The requirements for obtaining Egyptian citizenship by investment are very simple, and they are as follows:
Main Applicant Requirements
- Personal documents of spouse and dependants.
- No criminal record certificate.
- Comprehensive medical report.
- Documents proving sources of income and wealth.
Spouse And Dependents Qualifications
The investor is allowed to add the following to the application :
- A spouse or more than one spouse who is legally married to the applicant .
- Children under the age of 21 who are not married.
Cost of Obtaining the Egyptian Citizenship by Investment
the applicant must make one of the investments mentioned below:
- Non-refundable contribution: $250,000 to the state treasury.
- Real estate investment: $500,000 US dollars.
- Investment projects: $400,000 US dollars, and the foreign investor’s share must be at least 40% in one of the investment projects.
- Bank deposit: $750,000 to be returned to the investor after 5 years in Egyptian pounds.
- Bank deposit: 1 million US dollars to be returned to the investor after 3 years in Egyptian pounds.
In order to apply, investors need to prepare the necessary documents and pay the state fee of $10,000 per application.
Steps and Timeline
- Step one: to follow the security audit procedures.
- Step two: Obtaining the initial approval.
- Step three: Obtaining a 6-month residence permit.
- Step Four: Submit the citizenship application to the related authority for review.
- Step five: The Prime Minister grants approval to the applicant.
- Step Six: Obtaining Egyptian citizenship.
Reach Immigration promises to provide a large variety of services to clients, and that includes :
- Compiling and submission of the file for the client .
- Follow up on application status and any further requirements.
- Provide consultation for adding family members after the main applicant’s receipt of citizenship.
- Provide consultation of laws and regulations of the program.
Who is eligible to obtain Egyptian citizenship by investment Program ?
Citizens of all countries of different nationalities have the right to apply for Egyptian citizenship by Investment Program.
Can children inherit Egyptian citizenship ?
Yes , it can.