Table Of Content
About the Antigua & Barbuda Citizenship By Investment Program
The citizenship by investment program in Antigua & Barbuda is a direct route for investors to gain second citizenship through investment for themselves as well as their qualifying family members. The program is direct, quick, and transparent. Investors can choose to either invest in contributing to government development funds or purchasing real estate in some of the most breathtaking resorts in the touristic country of Antigua & Barbuda.
Reach Immigration is authorized by the government of Antigua & Barbuda to promote the program and provide consultation on the best investment option as well as the requirements of the program.
Benefits Of Obtaining Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship By Investment
The Antigua & Barbuda citizenship by investment program offers many benefits, with the most prominent of them being:
- Citizenship for the main applicant and qualifying family members.
- No physical presence required to get citizenship.
- Receipt of citizenship within 6-12 months of application.
- No requirement of language, education, or experience needed for applicants or their family members.
- The program offers options for investors to diversify their assets in the form of real estate investments in one of the world’s most tourist countries.
Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Qualifications & Requirements
The requirements of the Antigua & Barbuda citizenship by investment program are quite simple, and they include the following:
Main Applicant Requirements
- Be of at least 18 years of age
- Have no criminal record.
- Provide evidence of the availability of funds for investment
- Have not been denied a visa to a country of which Antigua & Barbuda enjoys visa-free travel treaty
Spouse and Dependents requirements
- The current spouse of the main applicant to be over the age of 18.
- The children of the main applicant or his/her spouse to be under 31 years of age and financially dependent on the main applicant.
- The parents or grandparents of the main applicant or his/her spouse to be 55 years of age or above and financially dependent on the main applicant.
- Unmarried siblings of the main applicant or of his/her spouse can be included in the application regardless of age.
- All individuals aged 16 and above must undergo a mandatory virtual interview, either in their native language or with an interpreter.
Cost Of Obtaining Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
There are several investment options available to acquire the citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda, which are the following:
- National Development Funds
This is a contribution investment for the amount of 100,000 USD covering a family up to 4 members or 125,000 USD covering a family of 5 and more.
- Real estate Investment
In a government-approved real estate project, the investor invests in real estate with a value not less than 400,000 USD. Still, the investor with another investor can make a joint ownership to one real estate with each investing at least 200,000 USD.
- University of West Indies Fund
This is a contribution investment created for big families, of which the investor finances the university to build their campus in Antigua and Barbuda. At an amount of 150,000 USD, a family of at least 6 members can acquire the citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda.
Other fees apply that include government processing fees and background checks on applicants.
Process And Steps To Obtain Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship
- Step one: Preparation of documentation and compiling the file
- Step two: Submission of the file to the government of Antigua & Barbuda
- Step three: Receipt of approval from the government of Antigua & Barbuda
- Step Four: Transferring investment amount (either contribution or real estate investment)
- Step five: Receipt of citizenship certificates
Reach Immigration’s status as a licensed authorized representative of the Antigua & Barbuda citizenship by investment program; we are in pole position to offer a large variety of services to our clients, the main of them being:
- Provide consultation on the best investment option that brings the best value for each client depending on their needs
- Compiling and submission of the file as the client’s chosen representative
- Revising the sale and purchase agreements if choosing real estate investment.
- Follow up on application status and any further requirements
- Provide consultation for adding family members after the main applicant’s receipt of citizenship
- Provide consultation of laws and regulations of the program
No. There is no requirement for physical residence to obtain citizenship under the program’s regulations
If the application is rejected, some of the fees that will be paid at the beginning of the transaction, such as security check fees, will be transferred.
Yes, whether existing dependents or newborn children, they all can be added through a new application with certain fees.
Investing in the University of West Indies Fund entitles one family member to a one-year scholarship on tuition at the University of West Indies.
Antigua and Barbuda is located in the Caribbean region, 80 km east of Saint Kitts and Nevis, and 80 km north of the French island of Guadeloupe. The country consists of two main islands, the largest, Antigua, and to the south of it is the smaller island of Barbuda, in addition to a number of smaller islands. The total area of the country is 442 square kilometers, and its topography is characterized by a diversity of mountains, water areas, and beaches that extend along the two islands, with the highest peak at Mount Boji, which reaches 402 meters above sea level. Antigua and Barbuda's climate is classified as tropical, hot and humid all year round, with an average precipitation of 990 ml.
One of the advantages of Antigua and Barbuda citizenship is that there are no property taxes, capital gains, or even inheritances when you become a citizen of Antigua and Barbuda.
Investment amounts vary from one investment path to another in addition to the number of family members that will be added to the application. In general, the investment amount starts from $100,000 USD, in addition to government fees, processing fees, and others.
Family members who may be included are the spouse of the main applicant, all dependent children under the age of 31, dependent siblings regardless of age or proof of dependency, and parents and grandparents over the age of 55.
Is there an investment option that is better than another that gives me an advantage in getting my application approved?
The Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program offers several options: - Real estate investment with a value starting from $200,000 USD. - A non-refundable financial contribution to the National Development Fund, starting at $100,000 USD or more. - A financial contribution to the University of the West Indies of $150,000 USD. All options are approved for granting citizenship, the important thing is to meet the investment requirements and qualifications that entitle you to obtain citizenship.
Yes, Antigua and Barbuda allows its citizenship to be passed on to future generations after you have been granted citizenship.
Yes, you can add dependents who were present at the time of your application, as well as new dependents after obtaining citizenship.
In case of divorce or separation of parents, is the consent of one of the parents required when adding children to an Antigua and Barbuda citizenship application?
Yes, the consent of the parents must be obtained for the children to enter the application, unless one of the parents has full custody of the children, and therefore no approval from the other party is required.
Yes, but it must be ensured that the applicant can obtain documents from the relevant authorities.
Are there countries whose nationals are prohibited from applying for the citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda, and what are the conditions for them to be accepted?
Yes, you are prohibited from applying for citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda if you hold the nationalities of Afghanistan, Iran, North Korea, Somalia, Yemen, Sudan, or if you hold a visa denied by any of the countries in which Antigua and Barbuda has a Treaty of No Entry visa. However, your application can be accepted if the following conditions are met: You must have lived or resided outside the prohibited country for 10 years. You do not have assets (shares) of significant value in the prohibited country. You have not carried out any work or activity in the mentioned jurisdictions.
The process usually takes between 6-12 months from the date of application.
Yes, Antigua and Barbuda allows you to have more than one nationality, and we recommend checking the laws of your country of origin.
Security checks are required for applicants aged 16 and over.
Can I add my married brother to the application for citizenship of Antigua and Barbuda, and I am the breadwinner for him?
No, siblings are required to be added to the application for Antigua and Barbuda citizenship to be unmarried, childless, and dependent by the main applicant regardless of age.