Table Of Content
About Portugal Citizenship by Investment – Portugal Golden Visa
Portugal offers investment opportunities through what is known as Golden Visa Program. It is a program designed for high net-worth individuals who are interested in living and investing in Portugal. Investors may purchase a property or a combination of properties in Portugal among other investment options available under the Golden Visa. In return, investors can obtain Portuguese residency which eventually leads to citizenship when minimal residency requirement is fulfilled.
Benefits of Portugal Golden Visa program
Portugal offers a wide range of benefits and privileges to investors, who are interested in purchasing a property in Portugal, including:
- Free education and health insurance for children.
- Ability to add dependent family members in one investment
- Ability to obtain Portuguese citizenship.
- Freedom of movement within the Schengen Treaty member states as a residency holder.
- Enjoying the public safety both Portugal and Europe provide.
- Minimal residency requirement to renew the residence permit.
- Possible return on investment.
Portugal Golden Visa Program Qualifications & Requirements for Investors
There are a number of requirements that should be met in order to qualify for the Golden Visa in Portugal
- The investor must be over 18 years old.
- Have no criminal record in Portugal or in the countries where they have resided for the past five years.
- Prove possession of required investing amounts
- make the real estate investment in one of the following options:
- Purchasing a real estate property with a value equal to or above 500,000 Euro anywhere in Portugal.
- Purchasing a real estate property with construction dating back to more than 30 years for refurbishing purposes, for a total value equal to or above 350,000 Euro.
- Investment Fund route for a value not less than 350,000 Euro
*Other terms & conditions apply.
Eligible family members that can be included to the application:
A )spouse of the investor;
b) All dependent children of the investor regardless of age under the following conditions:
- Any child under 18 years of age
- Unmarried children above the age of 18 years who are enrolled in full time education (university)
c) Parents of the investor and/or spouse under the following conditions:
- Dependent parent above 65 years of age
- Parents that are less than 65 years of age are proven financially dependent on the investor.
d) Minor siblings can be added if they live with the investor, and they are dependent (single and economic dependency), and the Investor has the legal guardianship.
Cost of obtaining Portugal Golden Visa
A minimum investment amount of 500,000 Euros, or a 350,000 Euro investment in a more than 30 year old property or in a regulated and registered fund whether in equity investments or real estate investment funds
Other administrative and processing costs apply.
**Purchase of residential properties within Lisbon, Porto may only be eligible under the golden visa until the end of 2021
Process and steps
- Step one: travel to Portugal to view and locate a property in Portugal (can be done remotely)
- Step two: Complete purchase of property and submit residency application.
- Step three: Receive Residence Permit valid for two years
- Step Four: Renew residency for a similar period of two years
- Step Five: Apply for Citizenship after 5 years (conditions apply)
- Arrange for the investors trip to Portugal to view properties.
- Complete purchase of the property through our partners in Portugal
- Assistance in collecting documents to submit an application to Portugal authorities
- Follow up on the residency status with the Portugal authorities
- Deliver the residency cards once issued to all family members
- Assist in renewing the residency cards before expiry