Table Of Content
About Canada Investment Program – British Columbia Immigration (BC PNP)
The British Columbia provincial nominee program (PNP) – entrepreneur stream offers investors and business people the chance to establish and run a business in the marvelous province of British Columbia.
The program is a point based program, which awards points to different aspects of any potential applicant’s attributes such as experience, language proficiency, business acumen, and more.
The program awards the investor with a 2 years work permit, which then leads them to a permanent residency in Canada.
Benefits of the Program
British Columbia offers an abundance of benefits to any potential investor, with the foremost of them being:
- The opportunity for an investor to immigrate to one of the most sought after immigration destinations in the world with their spouse and dependent children below the age of 22 years.
- A fertile market with an ever-growing GDP which makes for a great business location.
- An endless talent pool perfect for hiring the best employees to make the business thrive
- Tax incentives for businesses and families.
- One of the world’s best healthcare systems
- A top-notch educational system that will no doubt provide a brighter future for ambitious minds
- No minimum language level requirement prior to relocating to British Columbia
Canada Investment Program – British Columbia Immigration (BC PNP) Requirements
Main applicant requirements
- Hold related industry experience and knowledge as a business owner for more than 3 years, or as a senior manager for at least 4 years.
- Possess a personal net worth of at least $600,000 CAD which must prove to be legally obtained and verifiable
- Invest at least $200,000 CAD into a business of your own in British Columbia
- Create a business plan highlighting the economic benefit your business will provide British Columbia.
- Creating jobs for at least one Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in the proposed business
- You must provide information on your highest level of education completed. To register, you must have one of the following:
- A post-secondary credential
- Experience as an active business owner-manager with 100 percent ownership of the business for at least three of the past five years.
Family Members included in the application:
- Spouse of main applicant
- All dependent children of the main applicant or spouse below the age of 22 years
Cost of obtaining British Columbia Immigration (BC PNP) Visa
Invest at least $200,000 CAD in a business in the province of British Columbia.
Other registration and application fees
Process and steps
- Submit online registration (expression of interest)
- Once selected, submit application with supporting documents
- Attend interview for approval
- Receive a decision to obtain work permit
- Land in British Columbia and start your business
- After 18 months apply for nomination from province
- Obtain permanent residency
- Obtain Citizenship after fulfilling residency requirements
How To Apply:
- Prepare the needed information to fill in the online application with the business concept
- Submit the online application and wait for selection
- Submit the application to the province upon invitation
- Submit any further documents and attend the interview in the province
- Once passed, the application will be approved to receive a work permit for 2 years
- Arrive in the province and start establishing the business and operate it until you fulfill the agreed conditions.